The Innovation Practice is an intimate and curated gathering of senior-level innovation practitioners from corporates and academic thought leaders. This is not your typical sit-down and listen conference: attendees will be active participants throughout with hands-on programming and peer-to-peer learning. In other words, no pitching, no vendors, and no selling – only innovation decision makers sharing, discussing and debating innovation practices.
If you work at a large company and need to drive innovation within the organization, The Innovation Practice is specially designed for you.
Practitioners & Professors
Registration & Breakfast
Welcome & Energizer
Innovation First Principles: Grande Discussione - A collaborative discussion involving all conference participants to explore innovation questions that matter, while leveraging and connecting diverse perspectives.
Practitioner Sessions - Whiteboarding and discussion break-outs on enterprise innovation case studies:
- Starbucks: Increasing the pace and availability of innovation
Dennis McGrath, VP Innovation
- Pfizer: Building a creative organizational culture through an innovative champions program
Dan Seewald, Worldwide Innovation Group Leader
- Google: How to Build Disruptive Products
Heather M Cassano, Head of Product Design
Lunch - With Innovation Pub Trivia!
Innovation School - Leading academics presenting their "big idea"
- Ignorance, Failure, Uncertainty and Doubt: Why science is so successful
Professor Stuart Firestein, Columbia University
- The Averageness of Creativity: The first big data research to assess ideas
Professor Oded Netzer, Columbia University
- Scales and Paradoxes in Ecosystems of Innovation
Professor David Park, Columbia University
Practitioner Sessions II - Whiteboarding and discussion break-outs on enterprise innovation case studies:
- 92nd Street Y: Giving Tuesday - Launching a Transformative Global Social Platform
Asha Curran, Chief Innovation Officer
- ERA Accelerator: Building a startup accelerator - the perspective from an investor and operator
Justin Smithline, Partner and Investor
- Columbia University: Transforming education in NYC through technology
Sarah Holloway, Program Director, Ed-Tech & Technology
Reflection and Knowledge Sharing
Cocktails and Creativity Reception
(Agenda subject to change)
The Innovation Practice will be held on the 15th floor of the International Affairs Building (IAB) on the Columbia University campus in New York City.
The International Affairs Building (IAB) is also referred to as SIPA. It is located between Amsterdam Ave. and Morningside Drive.
420 WEST 118TH STREET
NEW YORK, NY 10027
The Innovation Practice is a curated gathering of senior-level innovation practitioners from large organizations and academic thought leaders. Please note we are limiting attendees to practitioners of innovation from large organizations and we reserve the right to refund tickets purchased by vendors and consultants.
Through May 7th
After May 7th
The Innovation Practice is a curated gathering of innovation practitioners from large organizations and relevant academic faculty. We welcome your questions.